1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 10-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the oil in a steady stream whisking to combine. Add the eggs - one by one - whisking to mix after each addition.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and fold it into the wet batter until just combined. Stir in the lemon zest.
4. Transfer the batter into the cake pan and top with the chopped apricots and prune plums.
5. Bake the cake on the centre rack for about 45 minutes until golden brown, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top springs back lightly when touched. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then lift it out with the parchment paper and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Credit: Adapted from Elizabeth Bard's "Lunch in Paris"